Protection from jobsite thefts! Contact us today for your solution
There has been a recent increase of construction site thefts over the last two years. American Fence Rental has been installing a surprising amount of construction site security fence. Contractors are doing their due diligence in providing site security but thieves are still finding their way into their job site. Though providing security, contractors are making some critical errors that could be the difference between theft free or a frequent site break-ins. American Fence Rental had previously offered some suggestions that would provide better security with little to no additional investment. Based on some recent reports on construction site theft, we are now going to add to our How – To for job site security fence installations that may have prevented these thefts.
1. Fence in employee and visitor parking. Remove anywhere for the thieves to park. If would be thieves are forced to park in a lighted street outside the job site; they will think again and find a construction site where their vehicle will not be suspicious.
2. Use shade or wind screening where the site is highly visible. If your site is adjacent to the street where everyone can see you installing copper wiring and mechanical equipment. Impede their view. Out of sight, out of mind.
3. Keep your construction security site fence free of debris and weeds. This provides a hidden path in and out of your job site. This will allow thieves to park a distance from the job site without looking suspicious.
4. Keep your construction site temporary fence close to the ground. Any gaps at the bottom of the fence is an invitation to thieves. A contractor building a big box store noticed construction materials piled up against his construction site fence. After walking around the building supplies, he noted a large gap under the fence. Before he could get it fixed, he had been robbed. Workers were piling up materials next to a hole in the security fence to be stolen when the site was not occupied.
5. Restrict employees or other trades remove salvaged materials from the job site if not respectively under their scope. At first, you tell employees they can salvage old electrical fittings. Next, this leads to the theft of wiring and possibly some new materials. You are only creating a slippery slope and giving employees and other trades an excuse to be removing materials from the site. If you want to allow others some salvage rights, stage these materials up in the parking lot and separate from everything else.
American Fence Rental is the largest provider of temporary construction job site fencing and event barricading. We are the Midwest’s number one provider for temporary fencing and event barricading. We have thousands of temporary fence panels ready for installation. Please contact one of our eight locations for materials only or installation. Visit our site for more information or to request a free estimate at http://www.fencerentalcompany.com/