Commercial Chain Link Fencing in Grand Island, NE
Affordable & Effective Security
A commercial chain link fence in Grand Island is useful for keeping out intruders. Here at American Fence Company, we sell galvanized and sleek black chain link fences, all at affordable prices.
Largest Supplier of Fence Materials
As the top fence company in Grand Island, NE, we have access to an inventory of fence materials that make up 18 full acres. Did we also mention that we supply more chain link fabric, materials, and fence posts than any other fence contractor in the Midwest?
Wide Selection of Fence Products
American Fence Company’s itinerary of commercial chain link fence products makes up just one tiny reason why we are known as the top fence contractor in the city.
Commercial Chain Link Fencing Gallery
Here at American Fence Company of Grand Island, we sell and install chain link fences of 12 different heights, two different colors, and a number of fence gauges. That’s in addition to the chain link fence posts, materials, and wires that we also supply. We get our materials and supplies from an inventory encompassing 18 acres – which makes us the largest supplier of chain link fencing in Grand Island.
There was a time when chain link fencing only came in galvanized form. This type of fence was so widely used because it’s useful for keeping pets and children in their yards. In recent years, however, selections on chain link fencing have grown, thanks to the arrival of vinyl coated chain link fencing.
American Fence Company of Grand Island employs top of the link chain link fencing experts who can answer any and all questions about this fence type. There is no one better equipped to handle chain link fence installation in Grand Island, NE. Whether you need traditional galvanized chain link fencing or black vinyl fencing, our team has you covered. We’ll get the job done, and we’ll get it done right!
Commercial Chain Link Fencing in Grand Island FAQ
What should I look for when shopping commercial chain link fabric in Grand Island, NE?
Pick out chain link fence fabric according to mesh size, wire gauge and type of protective coating.
- Mesh size determines the amount of space between parallel wires are in the mesh. In other words, how large the diamond is from side to side. The smaller the diamond, the more steel is in the fabric. Here at American Fence Company of Grand Island, Nebraska, we recommend 2” mesh for commercial chain link fence. There are a variety of mesh sizes available, ranging from 3/8”, 5/8”, ¾”, 1” 1 ¾”, 2”, 2 ¼”, 2 3/8” to 3 ½”. The smaller mesh sizes are typically used in high security applications that prevent personnel from climbing or cutting.
- Gauge (ga.) is also known as the diameter of the wire. It is one of the most important factors to keep in mind when hiring a fence company in Grand Island. The smaller the gauge number, the more steel and the higher the quality and the strength of the wire. Nothing less than 9 gauge is recommended for commercial fencing. Depending on the type of vinyl coating, a 9 gauge core commercial vinyl coated wire may have a 6-8 gauge finish.
- Core wire coating comes in three different types.
- Galvanized Before Weaving. This coating process, galvanizing the wire before weaving, is smooth and dependable. Also available in 1.2 and 2 oz., it has proven popular in backyards and athletic applications.
- Galvanized After Weaving. With this particular wire coating, the wire is woven and then dipped into a kettle of hot melted zinc. The weight of the coating is determined by the speed at which it is dipped and then removed. Galvanized After Weaving is available in 1.2 oz of coating per square foot or 2 oz of coating per square foot. Icicles and nubs from the zinc dripping-off aren’t uncommon with this type of weaving.
- Aluminized coating. Applied before weaving, a dull aluminum finish is the result of this type of coating. The soft metal properties inherent in aluminized coating makes has proven excellent in environments that are highly acetic.
- Vinyl coating over finished core wire. According to ASTM 668, vinyl coated chain link fencing is specified and ordered by the metallic core wire with the specified coating to follow.
- Class 1 Extruded. Your residential chain link typically features vinyl coating covering the wire like socks over feet. Generally misrepresented because it is thicker than the higher grade materials, Class 1 Extruded coating it is not bonded to the chain link and can easily tear or peel.
- Class 2A Extruded and Bonded. Generally used in commercial applications, this vinyl coating is thinner than the Class 1 Extruded wire. It is bound to the wire via glue, meaning it’s less likely to peel or tear.
- Class 2B Fused and Bonded. The type of wire commonly asked for by architects, engineers, city, state and federal. Despite having the thinnest coating, its resistance to cracking, peeling and tearing is unparalleled. In the case of Class 2B Fused and Bounded, the vinyl coating is attached to the steel like as if it had been welded on.
How do I pick out commercial fence framework from this fence company in Grand Island?
The best way to pick a fence is to start with the gauge and outside diameter of the pipe. Check out the table below for help. “Terminal Posts” is a generic term for end, corner and gate posts. Gate posts will vary based on the size of the gate.
|Application||Light Duty||Medium Duty||Heavy Duty|
|3’-4’ high||Top rail||1-3/8” 17 ga.||1-3/8” 16 ga.||1-3/8” 15 ga.|
|Line Posts||1-5/8” 17 ga.||1-5/8” 16 ga.||1-5/8” 15 ga.|
|Terminal Posts||1-7/8” 17 ga.||1-7/8” 16 ga.||1-7/8” 15 ga.|
|5’-6’ high||Top rail||1-3/8” 17 ga.||1-3/8” 16 ga.||1-5/8” 15 ga.|
|Line Posts||1-7/8” 17 ga.||1-7/8” 16 ga.||1-7/8” 15 ga.|
|Terminal Posts||2-3/8” 17 ga||2-3/8” 16 ga.||2-3/8” 15 ga.|
How do I select my commercial fence framework with American Fence Company of Grand Island, Nebraska?
ASTM (American Society of Testing and Materials) has helped customers choose from light commercial to industrial grade materials. Under ASTM 1043, you can use the table to choose the grade of your materials. Each grade spells out the diameter and wall thickness of pipe for the application and height.
Are all Grand Island chain link fences the same?
Grand Island chain link fencing consists of four components: framework, fittings, gates, and fabric. Now, the way in which these four elements are mixed and combined is what ultimately makes the biggest difference. These components come in various weights (gauges) and protective coating types. They can mixed and matched to help reduce costs. Here at the premier fence company in Grand Island, NE, our minimum recommendations match the ones defined by the ASTM. The most common is galvanized (or zinc). Chain link fence components with polyester color or vinyl coatings are also prevalent. Color treatments provide great scenery, as they can blend in with foliage. It also comes with extra resistance to rust.