Commercial Railings in Grand Island, NE
As Grand Island’s number one fence company, we specialize in commercial railings that are aesthetically pleasing as well as functionally sound. Our selection includes options such as medallions, globes, rosettes, scrolls, and scepters. Any of these can go a long way in spiffing up your commercial property’s appearance.
Custom Made Railings
Custom fabrication means that we can make commercial railings unlike anyone else’s. If you can dream it up, we can build it!
American Fence Company of Grand Island’s ornate hand railings are the perfect complement to your property.
Commercial Railings in Grand Island – Gallery
COMMERCIAL RAILINGS IN GRAND ISLAND, NE OVERVIEW
Employing expert designers, fabricators, and railing installers in Grand Island, American Fence Company realizes that more goes into creating the ideal commercial railing than simple picking out some material and signing a contract. For example, you’ll want to come up with just the right design, one that fits the appearance of your commercial property, maybe something that helps boost curb appeal. Our staff knows this, having been in the business more than 50 years, and our combination of expertise and high tech equipment is what makes us the number one fence contractor in Grand Island.
Our company offers a number of excellent adornments for your commercial railings: spears, scrolls, rosettes, globes, medallions, and more. Simply come up with a design that you want, and then talk to our staff, and we’ll help you make this vision a reality!
COMMERCIAL RAILINGS IN GRAND ISLAND, NE FAQ
Are commercial railings required in Grand Island?
In most cases, the question of whether you need a commercial guard railing depends on whenever you have a deck, stairs, patio, or general surface with a thirty inch or more drop off. Check your local codes and authority.
What are the size requirements for railings in Grand Island, NE?
- For residential properties, most codes require heights of 36”.
- 42” are generally required for commercial or dwellings that house multiple families.
- You are limited to a maximum opening of 4″ anywhere throughout the railing system.
- Codes exist that govern load barring capacity and railing fail points. A commercial railing in Grand Island must not deflect more than an inch when two hundred pounds of force is applied vertically and horizontally but not consecutively. This tends to be an issue with vinyl and cable rail materials.
Hiring a fence fabricator with a long history of building railings is strongly recommended. After all, railings are installed to help prevent falls and fall-related accidents on your commercial property, so these products must work one hundred percent of the time. We have been in the business for more than fifty years and know the Grand Island fencing industry inside and out.
What are the stair railing requirements in Grand Island, NE?
- Grab rails must be specific in size, profile and location — in most cases, approximately 34” above the nose of the stair tread.
- Grab rails should be no larger than two inches in diameter or similar shape and installed with few obstructions, allowing users to safely run their hands up and down the railing.
- Stairs 36” or less in width require one grab rail, whereas wider stairs require more than one grab rail.
- In most cases, commercial railings require a one foot horizontal run of railing at the top and bottom of the stairs. This allows the user to grab the railing before stepping up or off.
- Handicap railings require a one foot horizontal and vertical return at each end with a second lower railing allowing people in wheel chairs to reach the railing.
Can this fence contractor in Grand Island custom build my railing?
Yes. Being Grand Island’s top fence and railing company, and having been in the business 50+ years, we’ve assembled thousands of different railing designs. For building railings in Grand Island, we use the following process.
- We offer a selection of catalogs and website photos of railings designs for you to review in designing your railing. We also recommend that you search the web as railing fabricators and home builders are promoting more and more of their products on-line. A popular railing accessory provider, King Architectural Metals, has an excellent website with several design assistance tools and views.
- Three veteran computer aided design (CAD) programmers will provide a CAD drawing of your railing. Always demand a CAD view of your railing before allowing anyone to build your railing. If your first glimpse of your new railing is only after it’s been built and installed, you run the risk of being let down. CAD views provide details including material selection, necessary dimensions, and even a three dimensional view.
- Once you have selected a commercial railing design, a field review of your application is performed. Custom railings must be field verified by a professional fabricator. Never purchase a railing locally or online without having the fabricator review your installation site. It is easy to overlook little site details such as base trim, carpet to tile, set-backs and reveals, etc. that only a professional fabricator will be keen to notice.
- Your product will be built to the highest standards by our expert Grand Island railing welders. Custom metals products should be fabricated in accordance with AWS D1.1. AWS is the acronym for the American Welding Society. This group is the governing agency that sets the standards for steel fabrications. D1.1 is the written standard for welding steel materials. D1.2 is the standard for welding aluminum materials. Request that your fabricator build your railing to these standards.
- With our inventory of hundreds of color samples and paint applications, we’ll collaborate with you in selecting colors for your Grand Island commercial railings. The most popular and widely used paint applications consist of the following:
- HVLP. High volume low pressure paint process offers the benefit of getting paint into tight corners and angles. It is a wet paint application that should include a two coat application of a quality primer and top coat.
- Electro-Static. This wet paint application charges the paint particles and applies an opposite charge to the railing. When the paint is applied it is immediately attracted to the metal surface, providing a very consistent coating with no overspray. This process should be applied in conjunction with the HVLP system as electro-static paint is difficult to get into tight corners and angles.
- Powder Coating. Powder coating provides a plastic like candy apple coating to metal products. It is powder that is applied to the fence and then melted in an oven, creating a baked-on tough coating.
- Galvanizing. Galvanizing leaves your fence with a shiny silver coating and seals the fence from rust and corrosion with a zinc rich finish. Though this is a great application to prevent rust; unfortunately, most paint applications do not adhere to the shiny galvanized finish unless first brush blasted.
Because our company has over 50 years of experience installing railings, and because we settle for nothing less than top-notch materials and installation expertise, you can count on us to install your commercial railing in Grand Island on time and to your satisfaction.